Sandbox Banking is looking for an exceptional solution delivery engineering manager who wants to help accelerate banking innovation across the world! We are a remote team with employees across the US.
This role will focus on scaling our solution delivery engineering team. Help us improve our planning and delivering projects while coaching software engineers to grow within their careers. We’re a small company of ~30 people, growing very quickly. This is an excellent opportunity to join as an early employee, take ownership of key product areas, and be part of the team that scales a start-up from its early stages through the steep part of the growth curve.
We have rapidly growing revenue, are backed by Y Combinator (W17), and have raised seed capital.
Sandbox Banking is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sandbox empowers FIs and vendors to quickly and safely build new integrations – our Glyue product enables anyone who can use Excel formulas to connect banking systems. Furthermore, the platform’s fine-grained authentication and permissions model provides FIs with strict control over which people/software can access particular banking data and operations.
FIs and fintechs love the platform. FIs are able to quickly and cost-effectively leverage cutting-edge solutions without compromising on integration; fintechs don’t need to spend time and money on activities outside of core product development and distribution.
Why Work at Sandbox?
- Small team – your impact will be meaningful
- Teammates who are smart, curious, and driven to succeed. You will always be learning.
- You’ll be joining a rocket ship company with rapid revenue growth, a significant client base (70+ banks and credit unions), prestigious investors (e.g. Y Combinator, SixThirty, Startupbootcamp), and great unit economics. There are a myriad of benefits to working for a company that wins.
- Ownership of problems from start to finish
- Significant customer interaction
- Your ideas and opinions about the product will matter. Everyone in our company contributes to our product roadmap.
- You’ll learn skills and technologies useful to your broader professional development.
- Remote-first organization that provides geographic flexibility (although all employees must live in the US)
- Salary and stock option compensation
- Your work will transform an entire industry.
- You have exceptional strategic vision and speed of execution towards that vision.
- You care about the journey; engineers with whom you work are developed and progress along their career path.
- You are analytical and smart about process improvement; defaulting towards data driven decision making backed by strong analysis.
- You are an experienced engineer who understands what it takes to build products that people love to use..
- As an amazing manager, you demonstrate extreme ownership of objectives within the organization. You own failure while attributing success to those within your team. You understand how your team fits into the larger organization and work closely with others in a cross-functional manner to ensure the company wins.
- You will lead a team of seasoned and talented engineers that is focused on developing integrations between banking systems for client institutions You will be in charge of growing, developing, and advancing this team as it continues to grow and scale.
- Utilize your leadership experience to assist high performing and engaged teams while also promoting a safe environment for people to experiment, learn and grow.
- Ensure there is a clear shared vision for engineering within the team, and a roadmap on how to get there
- Leverage your engineering experience to mentor teams to build quality software
- Work closely with your cross-functional teams to cultivate a fun, rewarding, agile and results-driven culture
- Balance integration delivery velocity with quality and security to meet the needs our client institutions
- Establish and embody necessary processes and practices that enable the team to successfully develop, support and maintain our solutions
- Attract, recruit and retain motivated and engaged engineers, building on and complementing the diversity of our teams
Key Performance Indicators
KPIs for this role will be:
- Increased SDE tenure through career development and defined career progression for team
- Reduced churn of SDEs through career path planning and employee experience improvement
- Accelerated onboard rate for SDE hires to add value through structured training plans and project assignments
- Decreased implementation timelines for customer integrations
Increased use of our Glyue product by customers
- 3+ years building software professionally, including the development of integrations between software systems
- 3+ years managing in an engineering leadership or senior/staff/principal engineering role driving the technical work for groups of engineers in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with building real-world Python applications
- Experience building real-world integrations using HTTP, SOAP, REST, SQL, and other common protocols as well as working with data serialization formats like XML and JSON
- Understanding of application security lifecycle and security best practices
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Proactive and empathetic mindset – you love to roll up your sleeves and help engineers fix problems for our customers
- You care deeply about culture and foster collaborative, inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do their best work.
- Have previously built and are passionate about creating great developer experiences
- Think systematically and are effective in navigating ambiguously defined problem spaces
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment and are excited to create new things
- Hold yourself to a high bar and go the extra mile to build excellent customer experiences
Experience in the following areas will be considered a bonus:
- Software integration projects
- Customer support for a technical product
- Agile software management processes
- Financial services (especially banking)
- Consulting services
Please email resumes, CVs, and other relevant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief description of why you’re interested in the role.