Sandbox Banking is looking for an exceptional Head of Banking Sales who wants to reshape how innovative software is integrated with enterprise systems, starting with the financial services industry focused on banks and credit unions. We have rapidly growing revenue, are backed by Y Combinator (W17), and have raised capital. We are a remote team with employees across the continental US.
Sandbox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Sandbox Banking provides financial institutions (FIs) a better way to integrate fintech software with their existing systems through our low-code fintech integration builder – Glyue.
North American regional/community banks and credit unions are overhauling the digital experiences they deliver to customers. Increasingly, they solve this challenge by sourcing software from fintechs — companies that specialize in building and operating financial services software. The fintechs can be existing vendors like FIS, Fiserv or Salesforce, newer entrants like nCino, Five9 or Snowflake, and many that are at an earlier stage. Unfortunately, distributing new software to FIs has historically been a long and painful process because of data security and system integration hurdles.
Sandbox empowers FIs and vendors to quickly and safely build new fintech integrations — our Glyue tool lets anyone who can use Excel formulas participate in connecting banking systems. Think ‘Turbotax for banking integration’. Furthermore, the platform’s fine-grained authentication and permissions model provides FIs with strict control over which people/software can access particular banking data and operations.
FIs and fintechs love the platform. FIs are able to quickly and cost-effectively leverage cutting-edge solutions without compromising on integration; fintechs don’t need to spend time and money on activities outside of core product development and distribution.
Why Work at Sandbox?
- Small team that is growing fast— your impact will quickly be meaningful.
- Teammates who are smart, curious, and driven to succeed. You will always be learning.
- You’ll be joining a rocketship company with rapid revenue growth, a significant customer base (70+ banks and credit unions ranging from $300M to $200B in deposits), enterprise fintech partners (nCino, Blend, Upstart, every publicly traded core provider in N. America), prestigious investors (e.g. Y Combinator, SixThirty, Startupbootcamp, Horizon VC), and great unit economics. There are a myriad of benefits to working for a company that wins.
- Ownership of problems from start to finish
- Significant customer interaction
- Your ideas and opinions about the product will matter. Everyone in our company contributes to our product roadmap.
- You’ll learn skills and technologies useful to your broader professional development
- Remote-first organization that provides geographic flexibility (although all employees must live within the US)
- Competitive Base Salary and variable compensation package
- You’ll watch your work transform an entire industry
We are searching for a dynamic, entrepreneurial Head of Banking Sales candidate with a strong track record of high performance who is proactive and passionate about Glyue and the banks and credit unions we serve. As Sales Director, you will be responsible for :
- developing and executing sales efforts to meet sales targets
- own strategy & execution of ARR growth including have quota-carrying responsibility in the $1m+/year
- taking a prospect through the entire sales cycle: “lead-to-close”
- managing all aspects of the sales process while building and managing relationships with key stakeholders at prospect banks
- running complex deals and lead prospects through the procurement process including due diligence, business case development, and regulatory
- serving as an mentor and potential player/coach to sales team
- building, managing & coaching a high-velocity & efficient sales team
- Building strong internal partnerships to create and deliver product demonstrations, compelling sales presentations and budgetary proposals
- Developing a strong understanding of the Sandbox Banking solution suite, banking, and our customers’ business requirements
- Owning sales OKR and exceed sales #’s in a profitable manner when possible
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders to create an awesome customer experience
- Identify and vocalize problems as they arise
- Help solve a multitude of early-stage startup tasks
- Behave in a manner aligned with our high ethical standards
- You Bring 7 years experience conceiving and executing successful B2B sales efforts to meet sales targets, ideally for a software-as-a-service solution (SaaS)
- Action-orientation with the results-oriented skills to both deliver and craft for future growth
- Proven experience with financial services, banks and credit unions, saas technology companies, and/or startups
- Proven experience using Salesforce, HubSpot and/or Pardot, or equivalent
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executives
- Track record of negotiating, structuring and executing complex agreements
- Prior experience leading cross-functional teams through large deal close processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-Starter: ability to work remotely and independently while meeting and exceeding sales and revenue goals
- Adaptable to change and working in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Doer who can abstract processes
- Leader who can inspire and motivate sales hires
There are additional requirements related to logistics and behavior:
- Willingness to live and work in the US
- Legal authorization to work for Sandbox Banking. NOTE: We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
- Willingness and ability to proactively collaborate with our customers and project managers. To succeed, this individual will need to constantly discuss/record/broadcast business processes and requirements. There are times when acquiring a single piece of critical information requires two or three conversations with different project stakeholders; this engineer must be unrelenting in such scenarios.
- Fanatical passion for delivering the best possible experience to users
- Willingness to reprioritize work as requirements change
- Team-first attitude coupled with an unrelenting desire to win
Experience in the following areas will be considered a bonus:
- Software integration projects
- Early-stage startups
- Customer support for a technical product
- Financial services (especially banking)
- Consulting services
Please email resumes, CVs, and other relevant materials to email@example.com along with a brief description of why you’re interested in the role.