Sandbox Banking is looking for an exceptional Technical Product Manager to help us build an integration platform that empowers banks to accelerate their digital transformation projects.
We have rapidly growing revenue, customers that love our product, and investment from good firms like Y Combinator (W17), SixThirty, Forum Ventures, and HorizonVC. We are a distributed team with employees across the United States.
Sandbox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This role is a great opportunity for an experienced product manager possessing impeccable skills at communication (in the forms of writing, speech, and visualization), organization, data analysis, and creative problem solving.
Sandbox Banking provides a platform called Glyue – a low-code iPaaS used by banks and credit unions to quickly connect their systems.
North American regional/community banks and credit unions are transforming the digital experiences they deliver to customers. Increasingly, they solve this challenge by sourcing software from fintechs, which are companies that specialize in building and operating financial services software. The fintechs can be incumbent vendors (e.g. FIS, Fiserv, Salesforce), newer market disruptors (e.g. nCino, Five9, Snowflake), or even early-stage providers with fewer than a handful of customers. Unfortunately, distributing new software to banks has historically been a long and painful process due system integration and data security hurdles.
Become a subject matter expert (SME)empowering banks and their vendors to quickly and safely build integrations! Our platform (Glyue) allows anyone who can use Excel formulas to connect banking systems, thereby enabling subject matter experts (including both developers and non-developers) to contribute directly to integration construction. The platform saves customers massive time by shipping with pre-built system adapters and solution templates (i.e. integration logic) relevant to the business processes that banks actually want to automate. Furthermore, the platform’s fine-grained authentication and permissions model provides banks with strict control over which people/software can access particular system data and operations.
Banks and fintechs love the platform. Banks are able to quickly and cost-effectively leverage cutting-edge solutions without compromising on integration; fintechs don’t need to spend time and money on activities outside of core product development and distribution.
Why Work at Sandbox?
- Small team that is growing fast – your impact will quickly be meaningful.
- Teammates who are smart, curious, and driven to succeed. You will always be learning.
- You’ll be joining a company with rapid revenue growth, a significant client base (85+ banks and credit unions), enterprise fintech partners (nCino, Blend, Upstart, every publicly traded core processor provider in North America), good investors (e.g. Y Combinator, SixThirty, Forum Ventures, Horizon VC), and great unit economics. There are a myriad of benefits to working for a company that wins.
- Ownership of problems from start to finish.
- Significant impact on the direction of the product. Everybody in the company contributes ideas to the product backlog, but you’ll have influence over the merging, division, recombination, and synthesis of the ideas. You’ll refine ideas into user stories, and ultimately help decide development sprint priorities.
- Your ideas and opinions about the product will matter. Everyone in our company contributes to our product roadmap.
- You will acquire useful knowledge of markets, users, technologies as well as hone all aspects of your product management skills (since there will be no other professional product manager to start).
- Remote-first organization that provides geographic flexibility (although all employees must live within the US).
- Competitive base salary and benefits package.
- Your work will transform the banking industry and vastly improve outcomes for customers and partners.
About the Role
We are seeking a Technical Product Manager to join our team at Sandbox Banking to help accelerate improvement of our Glyue platform and deliver additional value to the market. As the company’s first product management hire, you will work directly with its founders to meaningfully contribute to ALL fundamental steps necessary to deliver a great product: (a) identifying and deeply understanding value creation opportunities for our users, customers, and market, (b) determining the correct functionality to build, (c) ensuring the functionality is built correctly and efficiently, (d) ensuring the functionality is disseminated to our base of users and customers, (e) ensuring key information is appropriately disseminated and memorialized via documentation, internal training, external training, and marketing, and (f) capturing/analyzing both feedback and data from users regarding new features to inform future decisions.
Success will require extreme attention to detail alongside big-picture thinking; it will require both creativity and disciplined process adherence. The right candidate will hold themselves accountable for ensuring Glyue delivers on its promise as a Whole Product for our banking customers and partners (not just a functional SaaS integration platform).
No single person will be able to succeed at Sandbox Banking’s current scale by doing all the work themselves! Success will require extreme competency and ownership of cross-functional collaboration across the company’s executive, marketing, partnership management, sales, account management, implementation project management, support, and engineering teams. Furthermore, engagement with external stakeholders (i.e. customers, users, prospects, partners, and industry analysts) will also be critical to success. To excel, the candidate must possess or acquire a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, spanning from strategic positioning to functional capabilities. The candidate will be expected to leverage both internal and external interaction to help define the product roadmap, articulate our competitive advantages, and convey Sandbox Banking’s vision for Glyue.
The Technical Product Manager will report directly to Skye Isard (Co-Founder and CTO). The role will not possess people management responsibility to start, but there may be opportunities for the product manager to assume such duties in the future depending on their aptitudes and Sandbox Banking’s needs.
- Continuously groom the product backlog by effectively combining, dividing, and refining ideas into effective user stories
- Contribute to the prioritization of stories for upcoming product sprints
- Develop multi-month product roadmaps that reflect alignment with current strategic goals
- Strategize market growth by developing market requirement documents (MRDs) defining key market opportunities and product strategy
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape through thorough product analyses
- Evolve and expand the product vision, strategy, and roadmap to stay ahead in the market
- Improve our existing product management processes via refinement, extension, and disciplined execution
- Collaborate with internal teams to better understand client needs and insights for product roadmap
- Educate internal teams about effective product management and their respective contributions to its effective execution
- Gather feedback directly from customers to drive product improvements
- Conduct effective user observation and UX testing sessions to identify usability problems
- Analyze product usage data to derive insights and determine next product development steps
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) on our Glyue platform, fully understanding capabilities and requirements, to help create detailed product requirements documents (PRDs) and produce a variety of product collateral and sales tools, including (but not limited to) white papers, blogs, how-to videos, and demos. The right candidate will themselves become a Glyue “power user” who is deeply familiar with its features
- Work alongside engineering teams to secure appropriate investments and ensure execution in line with the product strategy
- Serve as a conduit to marketing to ensure team possesses all necessary product-oriented information and content
- Further develop comprehensive user personas and apply them effectively within our product management process
- Author and deliver documentation and training to internal teams and external customers/users as usefulAuthor and execute well-constructed technical project plans necessary to activate or leverage new features across our fleet of customer environments or deliver value to specific strategic customers
- Represent Sandbox Banking as an authoritative expert within user groups, webinars, customer summits, industry events, and corporate gatherings
- Join sales meetings with prospective partners and customers to articulate the value of our product/offering in a compelling manner
- 3-5 years related experience product management experience in a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company
- Proficiency in Python programming. NOTE: This might seem like an unusual requirement for a product manager, but Python is the formula language of Glyue and is leveraged to great extent by the product’s power users. Furthermore, traditional software developers are one of key user persona that Glyue must empower
- Familiarity with agile development principles and methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a business environment, along with a proven ability to prioritize, organize and deliver on commitments
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Experience working at an early stage startup at our approximate scale
- Enthusiastic and passionate about optimizing product strategy
- Ability to quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options into a strategy, plan, or response and effectively communicate it
Nice to Haves
- Experience building platforms/frameworks/tools for software developers, experience building software for banks or credit unions, formal education in product management (e.g. certifications), MBA, or people management experience
- Computer Science degree or 3+ years as a working Software Engineer
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Sandbox Banking offers a compensation package including of salary, variable compensation and stock options as well as a competitive benefits package for this position.
Compensation range for the position is $145,000-155,000 US Dollars annually.