Chief of Staff to the CEO (Remote)
Sandbox Banking is looking for an exceptional individual to be Chief of Staff to the company's CEO (Ravi Balasubramanian). We possess rapidly growing revenue from 40+ banks and credit unions, are backed by Y Combinator (W17), and have raised capital. Our team is remote-first with employees distributed across the continental US.
Sandbox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Sandbox is a universal adapter for banks and credit unions. It provides financial institutions (FIs) a better way to integrate new fintech software with their existing legacy systems.
US regional/community banks and credit unions are looking to overhaul the digital experiences they deliver to customers. Increasingly, they solve this challenge by sourcing software from fintech companies that specialize in building and operating financial services software. Unfortunately, distributing new software to FIs has historically been a long and painful process because of data security and system integration hurdles.
Sandbox empowers FIs and fintech vendors to quickly and safely build new integrations — our Glyue application lets anyone who can use Excel formulas connect banking systems. Furthermore, the platform's fine-grained authentication and permissions model provides FIs with strict control over which people/software can access particular banking data and operations.
FIs and fintechs love the platform. FIs are able to quickly and cost-effectively leverage cutting-edge solutions without compromising on integration; fintechs don't need to spend time and money on activities outside of core product development and distribution.
Why Work at Sandbox?
- Small team — your impact will be meaningful
- Teammates who are smart, curious, and driven to succeed. You will always be learning.
- You'll be joining a rocketship company with rapid revenue growth, a significant client base (40+ banks and credit unions), prestigious investors (Y Combinator, SixThirty, and Startupbootcamp) and great unit economics. There are a myriad of benefits to working for a company that wins.
- Ownership of problems from start to finish
- Significant customer interaction
- Your ideas and opinions about the product will matter. Everyone in our company contributes to our product roadmap.
- You'll use a variety of technologies across our entire software stack
- Remote-first organization that provides geographic flexibility (although all employees must live in the US)
- Salary and stock option compensation
- Your work will transform an entire industry
Our Chief Of Staff will perform a broad variety of tasks and report directly to the CEO. The ideal candidate is someone who eventually wants to start their own company and is looking for a challenge to prove themselves.
This individual will work on tasks across three primary functional areas:
Financial Institution Sales
- Identify potential good-fit customer FIs using prospecting techniques
- Schedule and run discovery meetings with prospects
- Serve bank and credit union customers by identifying their needs, gathering technical requirements, building pricing proposals, and constructing work orders
- Demo Glyue to prospective customers
- Gather product, information security, or engineering architecture information from internal stakeholders
- Follow-up with opportunities to help close deals
- Manage our sales opportunity pipeline in Salesforce and report status updates to Sandbox Banking management
- Schedule and coordinate existing customer business reviews
- Contribute to sales process effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-term issues that should be addressed, recommending potential improvements, and them implementing the appropriate changes
- Identify and approach fintech vendor partners to use Sandbox Banking as their integration platform
- Act as a liaison between Sandbox Banking and its fintech partners. Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, including proactive sales and technology enablement
- Construct and negotiate business cases with partners
- Deliver strategic product training, assets, and collateral to partner sales teams
- Coordinate with channel partners to develop go-to-market strategies and execute demand-generation activities, such as email marketing campaigns, events for customers and prospects, and webinars
- Coordinate channel partner activities with Sandbox Banking sales and marketing team
- Work with partners to establish and track business goals and performance metrics, such as depth of sales pipeline and revenue generation. Track and Report KPIs to Sandbox Banking management
- Create a scalable partner management program that enables new partners to effectively pitch Sandbox Banking to their customers when integrations are required
Marketing & Market Exploration
- Help write high quality sales and marketing content in coordination with Sandbox Banking’s subject matter experts and marketing professionals
- Conceive, coordinate, and contribute to digital marketing strategies and initiatives
- Test demand and assess revenue potential of new Sandbox Banking fintech initiatives
As with any employee, we expect our CoS to also identify/vocalize problems as they arise and behave in a manner aligned with our high ethical standards.
Our Chief Of Staff will be a context switching ninja who can toggle between sales and technology in an instant. They are able to dive into the technical details of a specific integration with the CTO of a customer or fintech partner while also thinking about how that integration fits into the overall product strategy and its revenue implications. They are multi-taskers extraordinaire with an obsessive attention to detail and an ability to distill their experience into continually improved process.
A few things we require:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong deductive and inductive reasoning abilities
- Highly organized and capable of tracking current status, blockers, and next steps across multiple initiatives
- Proven ability to work independently
- Willingness to live and work in the US
There are additional requirements related to logistics and behavior:
- Ability to work from our office in New York (Brooklyn) for at least two weeks at start of employment. Sandbox will cover travel expenses for the employee during this period.
- Ability to travel for 1 week every quarter to an all-hands onsite with the rest of the team.
- Legal authorization to work for Sandbox Banking. NOTE: We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
- Willingness and ability to proactively and patiently collaborate with our customers and fintech partners. To succeed, this individual will need to constantly communicate
- Fanatical passion for delivering the best possible experience to all stakeholders
- Willingness to re-prioritize work as requirements change
- Will be available during customer business hours but often will need additional hours with Sandbox Banking management after hours or on weekends
- Obsession with organization, accountability and documentation so the company can maintain high productivity over time
- Team-first attitude coupled with an unrelenting desire to win
- Presentation skills spanning verbal and written communication
Experience in the following areas will be considered a bonus:
- Early-stage startups
- Remote work
- Software delivery
- Software integration
- Financial Services Consulting
- SaaS products
- Information security and regulatory compliance
- Fiserv, FIS or Jack Henry banking systems
- Experience with LOS, DAO, data warehouse, or customer support software vendors
Salary will be competitive for our stage of company, and the role includes a stock option package that provides upside. It’s important to us that our early employees win if the company succeeds.
Please email resumes, CVs, and other relevant materials to email@example.com along with a brief description of why you’re interested in the role.