Business Analyst (Remote)
Sandbox Banking is looking for an exceptional business analyst who wants to reshape how innovative software is integrated with enterprise systems, starting with the financial services industry. We have rapidly growing revenue, are backed by Y Combinator (W17), and have raised seed capital. We are a remote team with employees across the continental US.
Sandbox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Sandbox is a universal adapter for banks. It provides financial institutions (FIs) a better way to integrate fintech software with their existing systems.
US regional/community banks and credit unions are looking to overhaul the digital experiences they deliver to customers. Increasingly, they solve this challenge by sourcing software from fintechs — new companies that specialize in building and operating financial services software. Unfortunately, distributing new software to FIs has historically been a long and painful process because of data security and system integration hurdles.
Sandbox empowers FIs and vendors to quickly and safely build new integrations — our Glyue tool lets anyone who can use Excel formulas connect banking systems. Furthermore, the platform's fine-grained authentication and permissions model provides FIs with strict control over which people/software can access particular banking data and operations.
FIs and fintechs love the platform. FIs are able to quickly and cost-effectively leverage cutting-edge solutions without compromising on integration; fintechs don't need to spend time and money on activities outside of core product development and distribution.
Why Work at Sandbox?
- Small team — your impact will be meaningful
- Teammates who are smart, curious, and driven to succeed. You will always be learning.
- Ownership of problems from start to finish
- Significant customer interaction
- Your ideas and opinions about the product will matter. Everyone in our company contributes to our product roadmap.
- You'll learn technologies useful to your borader professional development (like Python)
- Remote-first organization that provides geographic flexibility (although all employees must live in the US)
- Salary and stock option compensation
- You'll watch your work transform an entire industry
Our analyst will need to handle a variety of tasks:
- Work with our project managers and customers to capture, refine, and clarify integration requirements
- Use the Glyue integration builder to implement the specific services our customers need
- Provide feedback about Glyue so it can be improved for internal and external users
- Use nCino, Salesforce, core processor, and other vendor UIs to configure and test integrations
- Write simple code snippets (e.g. if-else statements, basic error messages)
- Debug/troubleshoot integrations for customers
- Use JIRA to track tasks, convey customer project statuses, highlight blockers, and communicate with teammates
- Write high quality documentation for both customer and internal use
- Identify and vocalize problems as they arise
- Help solve a multitude of early-stage startup tasks
- Behave in a manner aligned with our high ethical standards
Talented individuals learn new technologies quickly, so we're not obsessed with each candidate's knowledge of particular technologies on day one. That said, we do require applicants to possess a few specific skills and attributes:
- Proficiency with Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to learn Python if the candidate is unfamiliar with the language. We’d provide access to a Python tutorials and other learning materials.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong deductive and inductive reasoning abilities
- Highly organized and capable of tracking current status, blockers, and next steps across multiple customer implementations
- Willingness to live and work in the US
There are additional requirements related to logistics and behavior:
- Ability to work from our office in downtown Boston, MA for at least two weeks at start of employment. Sandbox will cover travel expense for employee during this period.
- Legal authorization to work for Sandbox Banking. NOTE: We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
- Willingness and ability to proactively collaborate with our customers and project managers. To succeed, this individual will need to constantly discuss/record/broadcast business processes and requirements. There are times when acquiring a single piece of critical information requires two or three conversations with different project stakeholders; this analyst must be unrelenting in such scenarios.
- Fanatical passion for delivering the best possible experience to users
- Willingness to reprioritize work as requirements change
- Obsession with documentation, testing, and other aspects of solution delivery that empower teams to maintain high productivity over time
- Team-first attitude coupled with an unrelenting desire to win
Experience in the following areas will be considered a bonus:
- Software integration projects
- Early-stage startups
- Customer support for a technical product
- Financial services (especially banking)
- Consulting services
Salary will be competitive for our stage of company, and the role includes an option package that provides significant upside. It’s important to us that our early employees win if the company succeeds.
Please email resumes, CVs, and other relevant materials to email@example.com along with a brief description of why you’re interested in the role.