Sandbox Banking is looking for an exceptional head of account management who wants to reshape financial services infrastructure by ensuring that consumers and businesses have access to fintech software within their banking institutions. We have rapidly growing revenue, customers that love our product and investment from Y Combinator (W17) and Horizon VC. We are a distributed team with employees across the United States.
Sandbox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Sandbox Banking provides financial institutions (FIs) a better way to integrate fintech software with their existing systems through our low-code fintech integration builder – Glyue.
North American regional/community banks and credit unions are overhauling the digital experiences they deliver to customers. Increasingly, they solve this challenge by sourcing software from fintechs — companies that specialize in building and operating financial services software. The fintechs can be existing vendors like FIS, Fiserv or Salesforce, newer entrants like nCino, Five9 or Snowflake, and many that are at an earlier stage. Unfortunately, distributing new software to FIs has historically been a long and painful process because of data security and system integration hurdles.
Sandbox empowers FIs and vendors to quickly and safely build new fintech integrations — our Glyue tool lets anyone who can use Excel formulas participate in connecting banking systems. Think ‘Turbotax for banking integration’. Furthermore, the platform’s fine-grained authentication and permissions model provides FIs with strict control over which people/software can access particular banking data and operations.
FIs and fintechs love the platform. FIs are able to quickly and cost-effectively leverage cutting-edge solutions without compromising on integration; fintechs don’t need to spend time and money on activities outside of core product development and distribution.
Why Work at Sandbox?
- Small team that is growing fast— your impact will quickly be meaningful.
- Teammates who are smart, curious, and driven to succeed. You will always be learning.
- You’ll be joining a rocketship company with rapid revenue growth, a significant client base (70+ banks and credit unions), enterprise fintech partners (nCino, Blend, Upstart, every publicly traded core provider in N.America), prestigious investors (e.g. Y Combinator, SixThirty, Startupbootcamp, Horizon VC), and great unit economics. There are a myriad of benefits to working for a company that wins.
- Ownership of problems from start to finish
- Significant customer interaction
- Your ideas and opinions about the product will matter. Everyone in our company contributes to our product roadmap.
- You’ll learn skills and technologies useful to your broader professional development
- Remote-first organization that provides geographic flexibility (although all employees must live within the US)
- Competitive Base Salary and variable compensation package
- You’ll watch your work transform an entire industry
We are searching for a dynamic, entrepreneurial head of account management candidate with a strong track record of high performance who is proactive and passionate about Glyue and the banks and credit unions we serve. You will be responsible for growing your current book of business, preventing account issues with a proactive approach, establishing relationships at the C Suite level and building out the account management function within the company. You are expected to manage a portfolio of accounts and cultivate consistent growth through acting as a strategic advisor to our customers.
Account managers will act as a point of contact for their customers. They will build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with their contacts, always striving to find the products which best fit the individual needs of the customer. They also aid internal departments by collecting information, such as sales leads or testimonials, NPS scoring, assisting in the processing and analysis of client data and complaints, and identifying industry trends. They will help deliver new products and collect insights from customers’ usage of the product. A big portion of Sandbox Banking’s growth will be from understanding existing client’s needs and introducing them to new solutions that we can provide – account managers will drive this portion of growth.
- The head of account management will own the strategy and execution of Upsell ARR growth and the OKRs for the function
- Build, manage and coach a high velocity and efficient account management team
- Active involvement within the sales process to start to understand the client & help close when appropriate
- Transition the client from the sales team, through onboarding and then into account management
- Proactively support and engage the client on market ideas, trends & insights
- Build out & maintain an updated client plan
- understand relevant groups and the whole organization with a path to creating relationships with them
- gather product feedback and deliver that back into internal product group
- Upsell – identify & execute on revenue opportunities
- Engage internal stakeholders as appropriate
- Continue to build, iterate and document internal processes
To succeed in this position, candidates should have exceptional communication and problem-solving skills. You should be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized with the ability to build rapport with clients. The candidate will have the ability to:
- communicate and negotiate with senior business & tech executives
- concisely communicate complex ideas in writing & verbally
- strategically grow revenue within the right product set
Traits that will see the candidate succeed within our culture are:
- intellectual curiosity
- confident humility
- comfortability, if not thriving, in fluid & ambiguous environment
- proactivity – dealing with and resolving client related issues
- ability to be laser-focused when there are many things going on
- have a good sense of humor….we all need it!
Prior experience includes – past role(s) carrying quota, 5+ years of client-facing experience + 2+ years of people management, understanding and experience in banking: whether at a bank, credit union, or selling into one