Sandbox is looking for an exceptional infrastructure engineer who wants to reshape how software is built and distributed to financial institutions (FIs). We have growing revenue, are backed by Y Combinator (W17), and have raised seed capital.
Sandbox Banking is looking for an exceptional solution delivery infrastructure engineer (SDIE) who wants to reshape how innovative software is integrated within the financial services industry. We have rapidly growing revenue, are backed by Y Combinator (W17), and have raised seed capital. We are a remote team with employees across the continental US.
Sandbox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Sandbox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Why Work at Sandbox?
- Small team — your impact will be meaningful
- Teammates who are smart, curious, and driven to succeed. You will always be learning.
- You’ll be joining a rocketship company with rapid revenue growth, a significant client base (45+ banks and credit unions), prestigious investors (e.g. Y Combinator, SixThirty, Startupbootcamp), and great unit economics. There are a myriad of benefits to working for a company that wins.
- Ownership of problems from start to finish
- Significant customer interaction
- Your ideas and opinions about the product will matter. Everyone in our company contributes to our product roadmap.
- You’ll learn skills and technologies useful to your broader professional development
- Remote-first organization that provides geographic flexibility (although all employees must live in the US)
- Salary and stock option compensation
- You’ll watch your work transform an entire industry
As an SDIE, you’ll be responsible for quickly delivering, managing, and monitoring the infrastructure and network resources necessary to delight our customers. This will require you to:
- Coordinate with our customers and project managers to capture and implement integration requirements pertaining to infrastructure and network provisioning. This includes ensuring that our customer-dedicated Glyue instances can connect with all necessary customer-owned middleware.
- Perform Linux and Windows server administration tasks that include user/group administration, permission/policy management, error/warning log event research, and resource monitoring
- Perform scheduled security-related audit activities for active and backup resources
- Provision site-to-site VPNs using the AWS-provided service and StrongSwan
- Provision, manage, and monitor the following AWS infrastructure:
- EC2 instances (i.e. virtual machines)
- RDS instances (i.e. database servers)
- Security Groups (i.e. firewalls)
- Elastic IPs (i.e. dynamically assignable IP addresses)
- VPCs (i.e. networks)
- Subnet Route Tables
- Site-to-Site VPNs
- NAT Gateways
- Route 53 (i.e. DNS)
- Active Directory
- CloudWatch (i.e. alarms, logging, and monitoring)
- CloudTrail (i.e. administrative event audit logging)
- Elastic Container Registry
- Provision Glyue application access for internal Sandbox Banking users
- Use and extend the company’s provisioning automation functionality that is currently implemented with:
- Use JIRA to track tasks, convey customer project statuses, highlight blockers, and communicate with teammates
- Test and monitor the performance of our networks and application instances
- Implement and test network load-balancing and fail-over solutions
- Write high quality documentation for internal and external use. This includes generating diagrams for due diligence and ongoing support purposes.
- Problem-solve when issues occur
- Identify and vocalize problems as they arise
- Behave in a manner aligned with our high ethical standards
We’re looking for someone who will be productive after only a couple weeks of company-specific on boarding. The following experience and skills will be necessary:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in planning, implementing, and supporting cloud-based solutions in AWS
- 1 to 3 years of experience with securing SaaS solutions
- Familiarity and experience with the AWS services in the above “Responsibilities” section
- Deep proficiency with both Windows and Linux. This includes the ability to be highly productive from Bash using standard Linux utilities.
- Deep proficiency with computer networking (particularly OSI layers 2 through 7) and virtual network management (VPNs, IP routes, firewalls, connectivity testing, and networking utilities).
- Understanding of security basics like TLS, IPsec, PKI, hashing, and cryptographic algorithms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong deductive and inductive reasoning abilities
- Highly organized and capable of tracking current status, blockers, and next steps across multiple customer implementations
There are additional requirements related to logistics and behavior:
- Willingness to live and work in the US
- Ability to work from our office in downtown Boston, MA for at least two weeks at start of employment. Sandbox will cover travel expense for employee during this period.
- Legal authorization to work for Sandbox Banking. NOTE: We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
- Willingness and ability to proactively collaborate with our customers and project managers. To succeed, this individual will need to constantly discuss/record/broadcast business processes and requirements. There are times when acquiring a single piece of critical information requires two or three conversations with different project stakeholders; this engineer must be unrelenting in such scenarios.
- Fanatical passion for delivering the best possible experience to customers
- Willingness to reprioritize work as requirements change
- Obsession with the security and availability of application infrastructure
- Team-first attitude coupled with an unrelenting desire to win
Experience related to the following subjects will be considered a bonus:
- Early-stage startups
- AWS certifications
- Security audits (especially SOC 2 Type 2)
- Penetration testing
- Financial services (especially banking)
- Enterprise consulting services
- Provisioning automation technologies similar to those listed in the “Responsibilities” section
Salary will be competitive for our stage of company and tailored to the experience of the employee, with an option package that provides significant upside. It’s important to us that our early employees win if the company succeeds.
Please email resumes, CVs, and other relevant materials to email@example.com along with a brief description of why you’re interested in the roleSo